Taking Back Control
21st Feb 23
Anyone who has ever experienced Depression or Anxiety will know that the most overwhelming feelings are of being ‘out of control’.
These feelings will escalate into withdrawing from others. Then you hide away to try and deal with the uncomfortable emotions alone. Just the opposite from what we really need.
The idea of ‘Therapy’ for some, is very alien and unavailable. You search for reasons for the dark place you find yourself in.
But the reason will never help the feelings. You need to learn that actually; you do have some control over the outcome.
Life has never been a smooth process. But to be able to ride the rough with the smooth you need to learn some tools that you can turn to.
If you can realise that thoughts are just that. Not something you can hold or see. If you react to the thoughts that flood your mind on and off during the day, by seeing them as very negative, you will compound their effect.
You Have the Control
Believe that there are alternatives and turning away from, instead of into, our thoughts. We can create the space we need to step back, breath and reassess.
Sometimes it is very hard to get through these tough periods. The actual fighting against what is, can only hold you back from winning through.
So, in conclusion, it is time to take back control. To believe that you do have the power to turn things around and help yourself swim into calmer waters.
Wellbeing Umbrella has a wealth of information to help you on your journey of Self-Discovery. Including: –
- Inspiring personal stories of individuals who have turned their lives around after experiencing similar mental health setbacks. Check out HERE.
- Helpful wellness events of different topics including self-care, anxiety, and stress. Learn more HERE.
- Articles on treatments and methods that can help manage different health and wellness conditions. Read more HERE
- Different wellness practitioners offering different treatments and solutions including myself, Angela, over at Serenity Cabin.
- Searching the Wellbeing Umbrella platform using the search bar below .
Disclaimer: The information contained on this Site is provided for general educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Please consult a qualified health care professional to diagnose your health condition and prevent self-diagnosis. We do not dispense medical advice or prescribe or diagnose illness. Read full medical and health disclaimer.